It is currently Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Bounty: 50,000
Karrl knew he had work to do, namely what he had been hired to do for Lady Kana. However, the only piece of equipment he had that was any good was his blade. He needed a new suit of armour, something that would keep his arse alive in the middle of battle. However, that was only one of the things on his to do list. He needed to further his own ambitions, and see if there were any contacts he could make in the city for his business, plus see if he could net any items he needed for the building of his ship. There was tons to do and little time to do them, so he thought he would take it one step at a time.

He had spoken with Lady Kana’s bodyguard about any places to get new armour and weapons, a good quality place, maybe even somewhere that would custom order. He wouldn’t mind some enchanted armour that would boost his speed, it would help with his fighting style. Plus maybe somewhere that could upgrade his blade, not out and out replace it, because he had a nice sword, with a rather nice curse attached to it. He doubted he could find a blade that could match it in damage as well as have the same benefits it had, so maybe just upgrading parts to make it stronger.

Back in Byzu, he had heard of a smith he might have been able to do the job, who had been making waves, despite his young age, however, he was all the way in Dica, and he had even heard the vampire’s had snapped him up for a big project, so he doubted that was much of an option. So, after speaking with the bodyguard, who seemed nice enough, he had heard a small smithy on the outskirts of the city, which did good quality work for not much, well, compared to what someone would normally have to spend. The reason why was he was not that well known, so he was still at the stage that making the armour and weapons, whilst trying to pay the rent was the important part.

After following the directions he had been given, he came across a small store, well, it was hardly bigger than a stall, but it seemed to be just big enough for what it was there for. It looked like it could have been in better shape, but at the same time he was not going to judge, the guy was just starting out, and hey, if he was good enough, he might get regular custom from Karrl, hell, he might even invest in the guy, he could always do with a new business venture in the city, Karrl was earning a nice enough profit from the brothel he owned over in Scatun, but earning a bit more would not hurt as well. So, with what he wanted, plus possible future business in mind he walked into the store.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Karrl and Lucy ventured into the store. It was small, smaller than most, but perhaps it was like that for a specific reason? Specialization, uniqueness, quality. This is what Lucy saw when she entered. There were various items, many in fact, just very uncommon ones. From alchemy stuff, machina, to conventional weapons seemingly unconventional ones specifically. The ronso smith noticed Karrl and lucy, the shop was small enough the it's entirety was in line of sight from any point. The sounds of boiling and brewing potions and other liquids filled the air. It just so happened to smell like strawberries...

"Oh... I don't get many foreigners here. The Saeresta isn't much of a vacationing spot ya know", the ronso man said to them, wiping his hands on his smith's apron. "Machina and materials, what do you have that would be useful for an airship?", Lucy questioned the man, getting right to the point. "Woah woah, I don't have such things here. But you can put in an order for an airship at the engineer corps. They'll make you on. It's different machina than... the Gabrcyg type you have there lady, but it'll get the job done no less", the man responded.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:43 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Karrl smiled a little at the comment on vacationing in Saeresta. He would never consider this a vacation, however, it would be nice to have some kind of story for why they are in the city. However, for the amount of time they were going to be there, a vacation might not be the best reason, so, thinking on the spot, “You might be right sir, however, we decided to move to this city, at least for the time being, I have an acquaintance here that offered us a place, so would could hardly turn it down. My name is Karrl, pleased to meet you.”

When Lucy got right to the point, well, one of the points, he could not help but smirk. He respected that about Lucy, she did not mince words, or waste time on what some might call unnessery things. If she had a problem or needed something she would just state it, it was kind of refreshing from spending his whole life around nobles, it having to worry about hidden meanings, or any kind of verbal subterfuge. However, Karrl had a few items on his plate as well, “This young woman is a fine mechanic, reason why I hired her, however, if there is any help you can give, it would be most greatly received.”

He then walked up to the Ronso with a smile before, as he reached the counter, drawing his blade and placing it on the counter alongside taking off his two rings as well, placing them next his blade, ]“However, airship materials are not the only reason I’m here. I have it on good authority that you are a highly skilled smith, and I’m in need of some work done on my blade, as well as my rings. Also, I’m looking for a new suit of armour, medium weight, but if there is any way you could, say, have it be able to boost my speed, that would be nice as well. You see I’ve recently been hired to do some, dangerous work, and my current amour is not exactly up to snuff.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Pleasure to meet you karrl! And that's kind of whatever clan gave you shelter here. There are still many who hate Byzu. I'm not a machina expert, you'd best head to the corps for such assistance. But your blade there, let me see", the smith said, inspecting the presented blade. The smith waved a piece of magicite along the edge, causing the sword to glow soft yellow for a brief moment. The smith's eyes opened up realizing what this was. "This is a Musuko blade! Musuko's skill at forging a weapon is far beyond what I'm capable of, I'm not able to improve the blade itself, but if you like I could make a better hilt and pommel should you desire, or even your sheath. Something to compliment the skill at making this beauty", the smith responded.

It took the ronso a few minutes before any part after showing the sword would register. "Um... yeah. I believe I can improve that for 30k, the materials won't be cheap but it'll get the job done. For your rings.... You'll just need better rings forged. If you want armor, the only thing we have is Ronso armor, if you don't mind that I'll have it ready tomorrow"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Karr smiled when the Ronso mentioned who had made the blade. He had to admit, he was surprised, sure the person who made his sword, under orders from his father, was a well-known weapon’s smith, but the Ronso had a good enough eye to know who had made it. He doubted much could have been done to the blade, but he thought it was worth a shot. He would not give up this blade for the world, it’s the only thing he had on him to remember his folks by. However, when the smith commented on being able to do some work on hilt and the pommel, this caught his interest.

Every part of a sword was important, and if the smith said he could improve them, he would like to give him a shot at it, especially since he had other things in mind. Then the Ronso commented on the price and he had to say it was reasonable. Thirty thousand may have been out of a lot of people’s price range, but, at the same time, Karrl may not have the money he once had from being a noble, and a knight, but he had his business over Scaturn, so he did have a steady flow of income. When the Ronso commented on the ring’s Karrl nodded and when he mentioned the armour being Ronso he did not mind, “Thirty thousand sounds reasonable, as long as the work is as good as I hear, as for the armour, I have no issue if it’s Ronso, as long as it keeps me alive.”

For a moment he looked over at Lucy and signalled for her to go on ahead to the engineering corpse, he had no idea what was needed, that was what he needed Lucy for, and he was pretty sure he would just get in the way. However, before she would leave he said, “You know what we need better than me, so, if you come to an agreement before I get there, let me know how much, but, for the time being, try and keep it within five figures, I’m not made of money, and, if you could save a little by getting salvageable parts, all the better, I’ve got time, so, I don’t mind waiting a little longer for you to fix the parts up, if it saves a few Gil.”

If and when Lucy went he would turn to the Ronso and smiled, “If you could get things done by tomorrow that would be great, however, I have to take care of some business, and that’s my only sword, would I be able to borrow, or rent a blade, I’d rather not take care of my business naked.” Any swordsman or someone who worked with their kind know that they would feel naked without a sword, plus, he might need a sword for the next bit of his to do list, and another reason why he wanted Lucy out of the way, for the time being. If and when the Ronso responded, he would leave with or without the sword, but before he did he would say, “Oh, if you are as good as I hear, I may have a business proposal for you, when this job is done.” With that Karrl left.

The next thing on his to do list was rather shady, and he was pretty sure he would need some backup, but if anything it would be Kash he would need over Lucy, but that being said, he’d rather not risk Kash on this, just in case it went south. He needed to get in contact with a broker, for the black market, he needed, information on contraband, within the city and the nearby cities. He had managed to get a hold of a name and a location, so he would head there. From what he had heard it was the rougher part of the city, but, despite being a noble, he was not unfamiliar with rough parts of a city, especially since he did a lot of his side business within those particular parts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lucy understood and went off to prospect materials. That's when Karrl inquired about being loaned a weapon. "Blade no, we ronso don't tend to use swords, I'd have no business. But I can loan you a warhammer, or polearm. Sword users tend to prefer polearms over hammers so...", the smith responded while turning towards a weapon rack. He grabbed a black glaive, the glaive's head was curved slightly with a single edge. The body exterior was made from black elven wood, with two leather covering for gripping.

The head was apparently some kind of green magicite. "This took a long time to make, but its some of my finest work, the magicite wasn't easy to come across. I don't mind if you use it up, I'd like you to field test it.", the smith said, offering the glaive safely with both hands.

Later that day, Karrl found himself ending up in a back alley. Near the rear of an inn. "Hmmm... what do you need human?", a young girl's voice said to Karrl. The voice was from a young ronso girl, couldn't have been more than 10 yrs old, with a single small barely grown in horn. She wore black leather gloves, and a blue and white fur outfit, very common of the saeresta. She sat on top of a wooden crate, swinging her little legs one by one tapping a little melody with her hands on her kneecaps.